Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!!!

No pic today but a little thing on Father's Day, my dad died 22 years ago, it doesn't seem that long and I still miss him, I know he is in heaven but I am still sad for myself, my mom, Dave, the girls and my other siblings and family. He wasn't perfect by any means, who is but I still love him big time. There is so many times I think o he would have thought that was funny or he would say what are you thinking??? of course you wasn't thinking and so many other things, he loved the grandkids and that was all his focus the last few months of his life, he wanted us to bring the grandkids by even if he would feeling awful just to watch them. One day when Pastor Steve Skinner was here, Pastor Steve gave him a book on cancer and death and living and he shared with me how he never got past the first page of that book, he read that first page every day until he couldn't, it was scripture that gave him a peace that never left him and the verses where Phillipians 4:4-9, if you get a chance read that scripture and see how those few verses became his life line. He said after reading that he didn't need to read anything else and he knew that God had given him those few lines to him. Thank you dad for being my dad

No comments: