Saturday, January 17, 2009

What does God expect of us??

It's a simple question, right?? but is the answer so simple?? What is the Christian faith all about?? Going to church every Sunday, saying grace before meals, avoiding sin-or does God expect more?? What does God expect of me?? not just me but for everyone who claims to follow Christ. Jesus had a lot to say about it. He gave us a deep insight into the character of God and our relationship with Him as well, but he also spoke at length about God's expectations, our values and how we are to live in the world. So how are we to live?? God wants more than going to church, praying, more than believing, God asks us for everything. Do you really believe in John 3:16, if Jesus was more than willing to die for us, why aren't we willing to die for him and I mean daily die for him!!! Maybe one responsiblity to do my part is to be that example to the world, my body is a temple of God's. Does everything I do say that I am God's temple. This is not easy. Anyone who has tried to follow Jesus knows that the journey is fought with setbacks, challenges and failures. Those who choose to follow Jesus have struggled, it feels like somedays just give in but if we give in who has just won. And we need to ask the question what if?? What if each of us decided with renewed commitment to truly embrace Jesus and demonstrate it thru our lives, not just in big ways but in the every day small ways. What if we each said to God, Use me, I want to change the world!! Certainly we know Satan would be right there knocking us down at each point but no where does it say in the Bible that following Jesus was going to be easy but it does say He will walk with us each step of the way and He will never give us more than what we can handle. So again the question is to you, What does God expect of you????
"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes" Romans 1:16

No comments: